Account & Technical Support
- How do I reset my password?
- My employer created an account for me. How do I set up my account or get a new link?
Accreditation & Courses
- What are the technical requirements to use MedBridge?
- Is MedBridge accredited for my discipline?
- How do I check if a course is accredited for my state and discipline?
- Who creates MedBridge courses?
- How many courses does MedBridge offer?
- How often does MedBridge release new courses?
- Can I be notified of new course launches and content updates?
- How often does MedBridge update courses?
- How much does a single course cost and how long do I have access to it?
Subscriptions & Pricing
- What is the difference between the subscription types?
- How long does a MedBridge subscription last?
- Can I pay by the month?
Affiliates & Partners
Q. How do I reset my password?
Directly visit our Reset Password page, or click the “Forgot Your Password” link on the sign-in page.
Enter your registered email then click “Email Password Reset Link.” If the email you enter matches an account we have on file, you’ll receive an email with a confirmation code to reset the password.
If you don’t receive a password reset email, check your spam/junk folders and make sure the email you’re using is tied to your account.
Q. My employer created an account for me. How do I set up my account or get a new link?
When the MedBridge system administrator at your work creates an account for you, you will receive a welcome email from MedBridge. This email contains a link allowing you to verify your account details and create a password that you will use in the future to access your account.
These emails are generally sent to your work email account. If you didn't receive the email, we would recommend that you also check your spam folder or your personal email account. If you still can't find the email, please contact your MedBridge administrator at your employer to ensure they created an account for you and that they used the correct email address.
Please note that the account verification link expires after 10 days. If your account verification link has expired, please visit the reset password page and enter the email address used on the account. You will receive an email with a new account verification link that will be valid for a new 10-day period.
Q. Is MedBridge accredited for my discipline?
MedBridge is accredited for the following disciplines:
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Certified Athletic Trainers
- Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
- Long-Term Care Administrators
- Social Workers
MedBridge offers applicable courses but is not currently accredited for the following disciplines:
- Registered Dietitians
- Respiratory Therapists
- Therapeutic Recreation Specialists
- Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
Here's a breakdown of accredited disciplines and their accrediting bodies:
Our Accredited Disciplines
Q. How do I check if a course is accredited for my state and discipline?
You can review the accreditation of a specific course by viewing our course catalog and selecting your state and discipline settings from the “Show Accreditation” menu. You will also be able to see how many continuing education hours each course is worth.
How to find accreditation details for your state and discipline
Accreditation details can also be viewed by clicking on a specific course and selecting your state and discipline on the course summary page.
How to view accreditation details for a specific course
Q. Who creates MedBridge courses?
We work with industry-leaders, top researchers, and consultants to build content roadmaps that are then structured into courses, filmed, and edited by our production team before being launched to our site.
Q. How often does MedBridge release new courses?
New courses are added monthly, and are automatically included in your subscription as they launch.
Q. How often does MedBridge update courses?
MedBridge reviews its courses annually for relevance and to assess if content is up to date. Based on these reviews it may be determined that a course is out of date resulting in the course being re-filmed or retired, if the content is no longer needed (e.g. a replacement course already exists, the concepts are no longer best practice, etc.).
Q. How much does a single course cost and how long do I have access to it?
You can purchase a single course and have access to it for one year from the purchase date. The cost of a single course varies, but they are generally about $100 each. Single courses can be purchased from their individual course page. Visit our course library to get started.
Q. What is the difference between the subscription types?
MedBridge offers two subscription plan types for individual users:
- Education - Includes access to all of our Continuing Education Courses, Live Webinars, MedBridge Certificates, Clinician Mobile App, Compliance Training, and Certification Prep Programs (for PTs).
- Premium - Includes all the benefits of the Education subscription, plus access to our Home Exercise Program, Patient Education, and Patient Mobile App.
Details of these subscriptions can be found on our pricing page.
MedBridge also offers solutions for your entire organization. For group plan details and rates, please contact our sales team. Please note that group pricing is only available for organizations of five or more.
Q. How long does a MedBridge subscription last?
An individual MedBridge subscription is for one year, renewing on your date of purchase.
Q. How do I become a MedBridge instructor?
MedBridge partners with the best in the industry to create the highest-quality courses, articles, and other healthcare content. If you are interested in collaborating with MedBridge, please fill out our collaboration interest form.