MedBridge was recently awarded in Seattle Magazine's 2018 Leaders in Health Care Awards and the 2017 Tech Impact Awards. We were also named one of Seattle's top companies by Inc. 5000 2018!
The IT Manager will be a key role in helping MedBridge grow as we fulfill our mission of improving patient lives. We are looking for an experienced IT Manager that enjoys working with fast-paced, growing companies and is excited about the challenges that brings with it. In this role you will work closely with the VP of Operations and our IT Support Specialist to continue to build and maintain IT procedures, documentation, and platforms as we scale. You will also be responsible for researching and evaluating new technologies to support the operations team as well as all of the departments in the company. A strong background in customer service will be require in this role as you work with team members with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. You will also work closely with the internal security team, a background and interest in physical and technical security is a huge plus.
In this role you will:
- Evaluate and implement new and emerging technology for changing business needs
- Organize the department and its activities according to best practices in industry
- Manage vendor relationships related to IT technology
- Manage and support the internal communication network (voice, email, etc.)
- Respond to employee issues/concerns with IT technology (hardware and software). You will be responsible for the internal ticketing system
- Manage and maintain our internal servers in conjunction with the production department
- Purchase appropriate enterprise and end-user hardware
- Implement security practices in conjunction with our security team
- Assist with new hire and exiting employees’ hardware and access
- Four-year degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 6 - 8 years of experience in infrastructure architecture, data center management, servers and networks, and end-user computing devices (desktops, laptops, mobile)
- Experience with emerging technology, such as cloud computing, desktop virtualization, and unified communication
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Previous successful experience in a fast-growing technology environment
- Knowledge in healthcare/HIPAA requirements is a nice-to- have
- We’re passionate about building products that improve the quality of life for patients - providing clinicians with the highest quality educational content and tools, on an innovative learning platform;
- We believe collaboration is crucial to speedy execution and value in-person interactions across roles;
- We move fast and are scrappy, ruthlessly prioritizing to test and deliver new products, features and services for our customers;
- We’re bootstrapped and proud of it; our success and continued growth are driven by products that customers love and actually pay us for;
- We enjoy each other’s company - whether at work or company sponsored events, we have fun;
- We value our employees, offering 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) program with up to 2% company matching;
- We believe in continued personal growth, offering 2 paid days and an allowance for the personal development of your choice.
Our team is a group of motivated individuals who love to innovate our product and increase its reach within the healthcare community. We're moving extremely fast, and every day offers the chance to learn and grow professionally with a fun group of colleagues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.