MedBridge was recently awarded in Seattle Magazine's 2018 Leaders in Health Care Awards and the 2017 Tech Impact Awards. We were also named one of Seattle's top companies by Inc. 5000 2018!
The MedBridge development team is dedicated to impactful and valuable applications. We’re a highly collaborative team and like to ship features fast. In the last five years our team has accomplished a lot; we’ve grown our platform to reach numerous industries across a range of products and integrated with numerous software partners.
As a full-time Security Engineer, you will be continuing to scale and grow our existing security infrastructure in conjunction with the Security and the Engineering teams. You will be responsible for coming up with solutions to maintain MedBridge’s HITRUST certification and continue to remain compliant with HIPAA. This role will look for ways to scale the MedBridge platform while offering our customers the confidence that their patient data is treated with the utmost integrity. We’re looking for engineers who enjoy being part of a growing, collaborative team, directly influencing the product and development standards, and act in weeks rather than months.
Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Conduct compliance assessments and audits for standards such as HITRUST, HIPAA, SOC2, in conjunction with the security team
- Review and remediate results from routine vulnerability scans of the system
- Conduct incident response and digital forensics
- Help to develop and mature security practices within the internal engineering department
- Tune and optimize security controls
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation
Security Engineer Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in an information security role, DevOps, SRE, or Systems Operations roles
- Deep understanding of information security and risk management concepts
- Experience working independently on a small team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of cloud hosting providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Fluency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, GoLang, or Ruby)
- Experience in developing, deploying, and running an application in production
- Knowledge of development management, building processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration
- Experience working in the healthcare space
- CISSP certification
- Experience with Golang, PHP, Docker, Node
- Knowledge of AWS - SQS, SNS, S3, CloudFront, EC2, Cloudsearch, RDS MySQL
- We’re passionate about building products that improve the quality of life for patients
- We like to learn along the way - we don’t believe we have everything perfected and depend on everyone’s input to help us grow as a team
- We believe collaboration is crucial to speedy execution and value in-person interactions across roles
- We’re customer-focused, recognizing that our success and continued growth are driven by products that customers love and actually pay us for
- We enjoy each other’s company - whether at work or company sponsored events, we have fun
- We value our employees, offering 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) program with up to 2% company matching
- We believe in continued personal growth, offering 2 paid days and an allowance for the professional development of your choice
Our mission is to improve the lives of patients and medical providers, while raising the quality of healthcare globally by creating the most impactful educational content and innovative learning platform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.