MedBridge was recently awarded in Seattle Magazine's 2018 Leaders in Health Care Awards and the 2017 Tech Impact Awards. We were also named one of Seattle's top companies by Inc. 5000 2018.
MedBridge is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to act as a critical member of the senior leadership team and business partner to the Chief Executive Officer. The CFO will develop and implement the financial and operational plans to drive substantial growth and ensure finance-based decision-making throughout the company. This role will be responsible for all financial, accounting, and compliance functions including establishing policies, procedures, reporting, systems and planning for the organization.
The ideal candidates must have experience as a senior financial executive in an expansion-stage SaaS business of $25 to $50+ million in revenue. Assuming overall responsibility for the financial excellence of the company, the primary accountabilities of the CFO are:
- As the CFO, you will lead the ongoing financial planning to ensure MedBridge’s success in achieving its growth targets, and manage against the results.
- Provide financial and operational mentorship as the company scales, both strategically and cost-effectively.
- Produce forward looking, predictive financial models to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans and proactively monitor and report progress.
- Develop performance metrics that support the company’s strategic direction, alongside leadership team.
- Identify potential problems that will limit potential growth and collaborate with appropriate departments to identify scalable solutions.
- As the CFO, you will provide reporting, visibility, analysis of key performance indicators and financials to drive business decisions.
- Oversee the production and review of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting metrics (e.g. KPIs, financial statements) to be shared with C-Level and/or Board of Directors.
- Work in partnership with the VP of Sales, Account Management, Director of Marketing, and Production to measure and interpret SAAS metrics and KPIs.
- Provide analysis of trends in KPIs and financials to identify opportunities and risks.
- Ensure software systems are providing real-time reporting and reliable analysis across all company functions.
- As the CFO, you will partner with the CEO and leadership team to create and implement the organization’s business strategies to drive growth.
- Collaborate with leadership to evaluate the impact of growth programs and product plans in the forecast model.
- Target priority growth areas and provide analytic support and strategies regarding upsell, cross-sell, pricing optimization, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the sales process: pipeline forecasting, conversion ratios, activity metrics, etc.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction from a financial perspective and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Ensure flawless execution and proper analysis of potential acquisitions, partnerships and M&A prospects.
- As the CFO, you will provide senior leadership across the company and for your team.
- Build corporate infrastructure to support growth. Demonstrated ability to attract and hire a team and instill a culture of accountability.
- Create and implement processes to optimize the financial function.
- As the CFO, you will provide trusted counsel to the Chief Executive Officer, management team and investors on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of the Company.
- Oversee banking relationships and proactively monitor financial and operational requirements (e.g. lines of credit, account balances).
- Prepare documentation for communication with the board of directors, external auditors, analysts, and all other external parties that require financial information.
- As the CFO, you will manage the Controller to ensure best practices and compliance for accounting processes and financial statements.
- Oversee accounting processes, internal controls, and financial systems led by Controller.
- Understand and review details of documents such as credit agreements, material purchase transaction documents, and legal contracts, etc. that may have financial implications to the business.
- Oversee legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions (e.g. tax reporting/filing).
- Actively manage the annual audit process.
- Work in collaboration with the Controller to prepare for new accounting standards such as ASC 606 and IRFS 15.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, CPA or MBA preferred.
- Hands-on CFO experience in a growth oriented recurring revenue software business.
- Recent growth-stage executive leadership in a Private Equity backed company.
- 15+ years of demonstrable, progressive success as a financial leader.
- Significant experience defining and operationalizing financial strategies.
- Proven history of managing the financial and operational expansion of a business.
- Senior management experience including Board of Directors and C-Level interaction.
- Prior success upgrading the quality of an organization’s financial infrastructure by improving budgeting, reporting and internal controls.
- Strategic thinker with exceptional technical skills, analytical ability, superb judgment and strong understanding of software business operations.
- Motivated to join an entrepreneurial team of smart, driven people.
About MedBridge (www.medbridgeeducation.com/)
MedBridge is a leading provider of online training and patient engagement solutions to health systems and post-acute settings serving Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-language Pathology and Nursing. The Company’s platform connects patient education, engagement and outcomes to provider education and training. MedBridge’s mission is to improve the lives of patients and medical providers while raising the quality of healthcare globally by creating the most impactful educational content on an innovative and engaging learning platform.