Kris Vacek, OTD, OTR/L, CLT interviews Mylene Schriner, PhD, OTR/L about her current study titled, Rehabilitation of the Upper Extremity After Stroke: Using Current Practices as a Guide for Curriculum
published in The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy. Read the article here.
Dr. Schriner discusses the goals of her study, the design of her survey and the implications of the findings. During the Breakout, participants will learn about the eclectic nature of how OTs treat stroke survivors. This session targets occupational therapists.
This Breakout session is accredited for 1 contact hour in many states and includes:
• 35-minute video Q&A discussion
• Downloadable podcast version of the Q&A discussion
• A summary of the 6 frames of reference discussed in the study
• Survey findings as printable handouts
• Further reading recommendations