As a healthcare provider, you need quick access to the most recent information and guidance about COVID-19. Regardless of your role or setting, you can find the latest data and recommendations here from the most reliable and relevant sources, including CDC, CMS, and other professional organizations.
We’ve organized this blog post by setting and will continue to update it so that you don’t have to keep searching across multiple web sites for the information you need to know.
Therapy & Private Practice
- APTA: COVID-19 Resources
- APTA: Quick Reference to Using E-Visits for Physical Therapist Services
- APTA: Telehealth / E-Visit Platform Vendor List
- APTA, Private Practice Section: Critical Resources for Managing your Business During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- AOTA: Information Pertaining to Occupational Therapy in the Era of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- AOTA: State COVID-19 Resources
- ASHA: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates
- ASHA: Telepractice Resources During COVID-19
Home Health & Home Care
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Implementing Home Care of People Not Requiring Hospitalization for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CMS: Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention Concerning Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Home Health Agencies (HHAs)
- NAHC: COVID-19 Resource Center
- CDC: Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention Concerning Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by Hospice Agencies
- NHPCO: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Nursing Homes with Hospice Patients
- NHPCO: COVID-19 Resources
- CMS: Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act Requirements and Implications Related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- APTA: Practice Guidelines Emerge for Physical Therapy and COVID-19 in Acute Hospital Setting
Skilled Nursing Facilities
- CMS: Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Nursing Homes (REVISED)
- CDC: Preparing for COVID-19: Long-term Care Facilities, Nursing Homes
- AHCA: How You Can Help Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Long Term Care Facilities
- CDC: What Healthcare Personnel Should Know about Caring for Patients with Confirmed or Possible COVID-19 Infection
- CDC: Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients With Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings
- SAMHSA: Tips For Social Distancing, Quarantine, And Isolation During An Infectious Disease Outbreak
Update: April 2, 2020
From the CDC: All U.S. healthcare facilities should begin using PPE contingency strategies now.
New PPE resources from the CDC:
- Strategies to Optimize PPE & Equipment
- Decontamination & Reuse of Filtering Facepiece Respirators
- PPE Burn Rate Calculator
Update: April 10, 2020
Reviewing your state’s and payors’ policies on telehealth and e-visits is an essential first step towards offering care remotely. The APTA has released helpful guides to the federal and state COVID-19 waivers as well as payor policies.
APTA Payor Policies on Telehealth
- Federal Payer Telehealth or E-Visits Coverage (.pdf)
- Commercial Payer Telehealth or E-Visit Coverage (.pdf)
- State-Mandated Executive Orders Related to Telehealth(.pdf)
- State Emergency Orders Permitting PTs to Provide Telehealth Services (.pdf)
Update: April 14, 2020
HHS has begun distribution of provider relief funds to aid industry amid the COVID-19 crisis. Telehealth for therapy providers continues to inch closer to reality as Congress sends letter to HHS Secretary Azar. APTA releases its list of modalities that therapy providers can use during COVID-19.
US Department of Health & Human Services
- HHS to Begin Immediate Delivery of Initial $30 Billion of CARES Act Provider Relief Funding
- Congress sends letter to HHS Secretary Azar requesting Therapy providers be made eligible to provide telehealth services
Update: April 23, 2020
CDC updated guidance: Resources for Hospitals and Healthcare Professionals Preparing for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
US Department of Labor: OSHA enforcement eased, “good faith” effort required by providers.
CMS updated guidance:Re-Opening Facilities to Provide Non-Emergent Non-COVID-19 Healthcare: Phase I
CMS: Memo issued to SNF: Providers to report COVID infections in 12 hours or face potential fines.
ONC: 21st Century Cures Act: Interoperability, Information Blocking & the ONC Health IT Certification Program Final Rule
ASHA: Telepractice Resources During COVID-19 for SLPs