About STAR Services
Betty Paris, PT, M.Ed., C/NDT and Carolyn Murray-Slutsky, MS OTR, C/NDT, FAOTA share their knowledge and expertise to train therapists, parents, and other professionals through international educational seminars. They have both taught for the American Occupational Therapy Association for many years, being adjunct professors for several post-graduate Autism Specialist Certification programs and being Tutors for the Sensory Integration Network of the UK. Specialized teaching includes treatment and program development for individuals with Autism, developmental disabilities, and sensory processing disorders
Their published work includes:
- Autism Interventions: Exploring the Spectrum of Autism, Second Edition
- Is it Sensory or is it Behavior- Problem Identification, Analysis and Intervention
- Exploring the Spectrum of Autism and PDD- Intervention Strategies
- Developing Visual Motor Integration. A workbook of easy-to-use, reusable worksheets to systematically build skills. Activities build visual spatial perception, perceptual organization, eye-hand coordination, problem solving, motor planning and fine motor control.
- Sensory Modulation Laminated Card Series: Sensory Seeking, Sensory Avoiding, Passive Under Responsive & Positive Behavioral Strategies Cards- A laminated card series addressing practical solutions to regulatory issues.